Cortex supports the ability to auto-register Agent devices by creating a simple JSON file, which includes your account media owner secret, or MOS (this should be obtained from Vistar).
Note: This feature is only support on Cortex Agent 2.41.0 and higher.
Once you've obtained your media owner secret, please take the following steps:
- Download and install the Cortex Agent v2.41.0 or higher
- On the device, create a new file named
secret.json, and store it in the following directory:
- The contents of the file should look like the following, replacing MOS with your specific Media Owner Secret:
- Run the Agent, which should now automatically register in Cortex Fleet.
- Confirm the registration by checking the below file for a
- You can also confirm the registration by searching for the
device_idfrom step 5 in Cortex Fleet. The name of the Agent will be the MAC address of the registered device.
Note: You can edit the name of this device individually, or in bulk by using the Bulk Edit feature in Fleet.