We recently released some awesome improvements to the Cortex product suite!
Woven Media App
Woven Media is a company primarily focused on providing high quality content to DOOH publishers. We've created an app to support playing their content on Cortex devices. If you're interested in utilizing this app read this article to learn how to get setup.
Application Version Control in Fleet
We've introduced more granular version control by giving you the ability to change the stable version of an application to an older version. This is especially useful if you happen to release an application with unwanted changes you can now switch back to an older version of that application. This functionality applies to both public and private applications.
Public Datasets in Silo
We’ve introduced public datasets in Silo. Public datasets are made available through Vistar and are shared across accounts. Previously, you only had access to the datasets you uploaded to your account. These datasets are now categorized as private datasets (your account only). If there are any datasets you would be interested in utilizing please reach out to email@example.com.
Cortex Player Updates
- Player core upgraded to Chromium 60.
- Ability to run Cortex & HTML5 apps locally.
- New '--disable-transitions' flag to disable fade in / out animations between content displays.
- New cache parameter: crtx_mode=skip. Appending this parameter to a URL will force the player to NOT cache the content.
- Player now cleans up logs and repositories at boot time to save disk space.
- Disk cache / log cleanup parameters are tuned to be more aggressive. Player disk usage should drop significantly after the first run.
Bug fixes and improvements:
- A rare bug was preventing the player to spawn the watchdog process
- We now log watchdog spawn errors on Windows